By J M O'Brien
В последние семь лет своей жизни, Александр Великий становился все более и более непредсказуемым, подверженным спорадическим приступам ярости или маниакальной подозрительности не только к врагам, но и друзьям. Эта биография наиболее известного завоевателя древности отличается от других своим детальным анализом психологического развития Александра. В этой книге автор пользуется образным подходом к объекту своего исследования, избрав Диониса - бога вина и амбивалентности, структурой для обсуждения алкоголизма Александра и часто противоречивых черт его индивидуальности.
В своём исследовании автор рассматривает каждую значимую деталь, обсуждает культурные вкусы Александра, его религиозность, родителей, стремления, деяния, страхи, сексуальность и алкоголизм.Образцы сканов:
Read Online or Download Alexander The Great: The Invisible Enemy PDF
Best greece books
* If it's old Greece you're attracted to, our authors will consultant you from the Acropolis to the islands (the geographical and religious heart of the Cyclades). within the 21<sup>st</sup> century, they'll aspect you towards the easiest inns, motels, nightlife and shopping.
* "Greeks would possibly not reside to consume, yet they definitely take what they devour, and the way it truly is ready very seriously," says our (well-fed) writer, who takes you from kafeneion (coffee condo) to ouzeri to psistaria (for grilled meats), tavernas and beyond.
* a complete bankruptcy grants a rundown on cruising the Greek Islands, from selecting the correct cruise, to budgeting, on the point of move, and a precis of a few of the ships, from huge to small, that ply the Mediterranean.
* Opinionated experiences. No bland descriptions and lukewarm techniques. Our professional writers are obsessed with their destinations--they inform it love it is in an enticing and worthy way.
* precise costs indexed for each institution and activity--no different publications supply such special, candid reports of motels and eating places. We contain the superior, but in addition emphasize reasonably priced offerings for genuine people.
* hassle-free positive factors together with famous person rankings and certain icons to indicate readers to nice unearths, first-class values, insider assistance, most sensible bets for children, targeted moments, and hyped up experiences.
Professor Lee presents a social and cultural heritage of the Cyreans, the mercenaries of Xenophon's Anabasis. whereas they've got frequently been portrayed as a unmarried summary political group, this e-book unearths that existence within the military used to be ordinarily formed by means of a collection of smaller social groups: the formal unit organization of the lochos ('company'), and the casual comradeship of the suskenia ('mess group').
The Basle whole observation on Homer's Iliad is time-honored across the world, either in examine and educating. the second one, revised version of the observation on e-book 1 (vol. 1, 2002) having been out of print for a few months, a 3rd revised version is now on hand.
Extra resources for Alexander The Great: The Invisible Enemy
102 Heracles was supposed to have traveled beyond the earth’s encircling Ocean in the west, and established the Pillars of Heracles at Gibraltar en route. At the eastern limits of his own odyssey, Alexander ordered the construction of a dozen colossal towers in honor of the Twelve Immortals (see Chapter 4). Thus, he bequeathed a splendid counterpart to the weighty mementos deposited by Heracles at the other end of the world. If I could only be called son to Zeus. (Il. 825–6) The god Dionysus was also counted among the ancestors of Macedonian kings, but his name is absent from Aristotle’s honor roll of the particularly virtuous.
1114) The self-denial, perseverance, and astounding feats of endurance exhibited by Alexander in adulthood were surely developed during this time in an atmosphere of scrutiny and testing, further testing, and then more testing. Long after Alexander had advanced beyond formal instruction, he continued to test himself, and often proved to be his own most rigorous critic. 79 18 ALEXANDER THE GREAT: THE INVISIBLE ENEMY The magnitude of Alexander’s conquests and the exceptional demands he made upon himself are best understood in light of the fierce competitiveness that characterized his early years.
Satyrus goes on to report that Philip, hoping to establish his claim to the Thessalian nation, also married Philinna of Larisa (c. 66 Philip’s marriage to Olympias, the fourth by this count, may also have been inspired more by opportunity than romance. 67 It enabled Philip to avoid entanglement on Macedon’s southwestern frontier and to concentrate his efforts on his drive eastward. 68 Audata had given birth to a daughter, Cynane, and Phila died childless. 8). While Olympias may be the victim of someone’s slander here, there is no question that she was capable of the act.
Alexander The Great: The Invisible Enemy by J M O'Brien